What challenges await you at reev
- You write quality, reusable and maintainable code following the best practices and industry standards, working on the release of our reev app, automotive apps and white-label web-app.
- You work creatively and professionally using our Springboot-developed, cloud-based backend solution (Kotlin, PostgresQL, Redis, CI/CD) by improving the CI/CD pipeline and AWS infrastructure integration.
- You implement new user- and machine-facing features.
- You support and foster our agile development process using end-to-end continuous integration and delivery, so that everyone can quickly see their code in production.
- You provide guidance to junior colleagues and participate in our cross-team technology community by sharing and giving feedback and ideas to improve our product. Moreover, you provide feedback to the product or design team on feasibility of proposed changes, offering meaningful alternatives where possible. Through this, you ensure the scalability, fault tolerance and efficiency of our product.
- Your architectural understanding helps us to stay lean and establish design principles throughout our applications without a need for dedicated architecture teams.
- You give feedback on the code quality of other engineers through pull requests.
- You are responsible for writing and maintaining meaningful unit and integration tests.
- You are eager to take on ownership for tasks and projects.
What we need from you
- Sound practice in full-stack development projects (2+ years) with a bachelor’s degree in computer science, or equivalent qualification.
- Expertise in backend development (Kotlin or Java) using RESTful HTTP and Websocket communication, expertise in writing scalable, testable and maintainable code, using Web Services (AWS S3, Lambda, SNS, SES), databases (Postgres), event driven architecture (Redis, AWS Lambda/SNS), CI/CD (CircleCI, Docker on Kubernetes/AWS) with unit and integration testing (Junit).
- English is a must, German is a plus.