Data protection instruction for applicants
Name and contact details of the data controller
This privacy notice applies to data processing by:
Data controller: reev by emonvia GmbH
Address: Theo-Prosel-Weg 1, 80797 Munich
eMail address: email@example.com
Phone: +49 (0)89 21538970
Contact details of the data protection officer
You can contact our data protection officer at the following address:
Collection and storage of personal data for job applicants and on the basis of applicant profiles on applicant portals, as well as the type and purpose and their use
3.1. Collection and storage
- You get in touch with us for the first time,
- You submit an application to us,
- We first contact you on the basis of your applicant profile on applicant portals such as
Experteer and/or Indeed or
- We contact you for the first time based on your profile on professional social media platforms such as LinkedIn and/or XING,
Then we usually process the following information:
- Salutation, first name, last name,
- Valid eMail address,
- Telephone number (landline and/or mobile),
- All other data you provide in your application documents (in particular CV, certificates)
- All other data that you have released in the applicant profile on applicant portals
- Any other data you provide in the application process (in applicant questionnaires, interviews, etc.)
- Voluntarily provided special categories of personal data
3.2 Why do we process your data (purpose of processing) and on what legal basis?
In the following, we will inform you about what we process your data for and on what legal basis.
3.2.1. For the fulfilment of contractual obligations and pre-contractual measures (Art. 6 Sec. 1 lit. b GDPR)
We process your data to perform contractual obligations and pre-contractual measures with you, i.e. in particular
- for the internal processing of your application
- for implementing the application process
- for correspondence with you
- for implementing or terminating an employment relationship
- for exercising or fulfilling rights and obligations arising from the law or from a collective agreement, a works agreement or a service agreement
- for the settlement of any existing liability claims and the assertion of any claims against you.
3.2.2 Based on your consent (Art. 6 Sec. 1 letter a GDPR)
As a rule, we delete your data no later than 6 months after the end of the application procedure, provided there are no further reasons for retention, see point 4. If you have given us consent to process your personal data as part of an “applicant pool”, we will delete this consent no later than three years after it was given. The purpose of the “applicant pool” is to be able to consider you for a future vacancy.
You can revoke consent at any time with effect for the future. This also applies to declarations of consent that you gave us before the GDPR came into force, i.e. before 25 May 2018. We inform you that the revocation of consent does not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until revocation.
3.2.3. Based on legal requirements (Art. 6 Sec. 1 letter c GDPR)
We are subject to various legal obligations, such as statutory storage and documentation obligations under German commercial law (from HGB, StGB or AO).
3.2.4. The processing of special categories of personal data (Art. 9 Sec. 2 GDPR)
We process the special categories of personal data you have provided if you have given us consent pursuant to Article 9 Sec. 2 a) GDPR or if the processing is necessary for us to exercise your rights under labour law and social security and social protection law and to comply with our obligations in this respect.
Disclosure of data to third parties and processors
The disclosure of personal data is also processing within the meaning of the previous point 2.2. However, at this point we would like to inform you again separately about the issue of passing on information to third parties. The protection of your personal data is very important to us. For this reason we are particularly careful when it comes to passing on your data to third parties.
As a rule, your personal data is transferred to third parties for the following purposes:
- Processors with whom we have concluded an agreement in accordance with Art. 28 GDPR
- Accounting (e.g. tax consultant)
- Legal disputes (e.g. lawyer)
- Communication platform (e.g. eMail, WhatsApp, other messenger services)
Your personal data will be deleted by us if it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed, the processing is not necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Rights of the data subject
You have the right:
- To revoke your consent at any time in accordance with Art. 7 Sec. 3 GDPR. The consequence of this is that we can no longer process data based on this consent in future;
- to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR. In particular, you can request information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, erasure, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data if it has not been collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision-making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information about its details;
- to demand the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us without delay in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR;
- in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, your personal data saved by us will be deleted by us if it is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed, the processing is not necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for compliance with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal;
- to request the restriction of the processing of your personal data in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, insofar as the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing
is unlawful, but you object to its deletion and we no longer need the data, but you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or you have objected to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 GDPR;
- in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, to receive your personal data that you have provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request the transfer to another controller; and
- to complain to a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR. As a rule, you can contact the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace for this purpose.
Right of objection
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 Sec. 1 p. 1 lit. f GDPR, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR, insofar as there are grounds for doing so that arise from your particular situation. If you wish to exercise your right to object, simply send an eMail to firstname.lastname@example.org